When we developing an application using any platform we should prepare our application to be deployed properly. Specially for dotnet, the prerequisites of dotnet framework is must. So here by I am explaining how to add framework to be installed before our application installation process.
After developing our .Net application we need to create a setup project. Just follow the steps mentioned in below.
- Go to File menu, select Add New Project and then select Setup And Deployment in under “Other Project Types”.
- Give a name to your project as your wish.
- Then select your setup project solution and add Primary output of your developed project. You just need to right click your setup project in solution explorer, click add --> Project Output --> select your project.
- Then add custom action by right clicking setup project --> view --> Custom Actions --> right click Custom Actions --> Add Custom Actions.
- Now we are going to add the prerequisites for your setup project.
- Select your setup project right click and go to properties then click the Prerequisites button.
- Now select .Net Framework 2.0 tick box after selecting the “Create setup program to install prerequisite components”.
- Then specify the install location for prerequisites by selecting the option box.
- Here I am selecting the second one “Download prerequisites from the same location as my application”.
- Click ok and apply then ok.
- Now build your setup project, the dotnet framework will be added in your debug folder.